Friday, February 19, 2010

Mom's Corner by Taylor Coker

For the Love…

Today has been one of those days.

It has been one of those days when I feel as if I am walking on eggshells, and any moment I just might have to break down and scream… “FOR THE LOVE!”

I mean, if I have to change one more set of sheets after they have been peed on, fold one more load of socks, clean one more found sippy cup that once contained what I think was chocolate milk, change one more dirty diaper of a little one that should have been potty trained months ago, chase one more escaped dog around the neighborhood, help write one more paper for graduate school when I am not even taking a class, try to remember one more thing to pack in one more bag, make one more trip to Target because we forgot something I don’t need, watch one more stupid sci-fi movie I cannot stand, find one more charger to a game I do not play…I think I really will scream…

I simply will not be able to contain myself!

FOR THE LOVE!

Did I mention that I have also kissed two precious skinned knees, helped write the sweetest thank-you letter, watched the most precious child choreographed dance to Christmas music (Yes, I realize it is February, but my kids really like Christmas music.), cuddled with the cutest kids and watched Cinderella for at least the hundredth time, escaped childless to the nail salon with a husband delighted that he was able to sit and talk to me while I got the most incredible pedicure, had a real “mature” conversation with a pre-teen about the Lord that warmed my heart, and sat for a good chunk of the afternoon in the park with one of the dearest friends?

I did!

And, while I do many things I love and probably more things I do not love so much, I do them all…FOR THE LOVE!

Yet, sometimes I forget to cherish the love I receive in return for the love I give…

Like the five biggest hugs before I walked out the door, the most grateful thank you from a two-year old, a perfectly drawn picture of our family from a soon-to-be kindergartener, a gourmet dinner I lifted not one finger to prepare, a look followed by a smile from across a crowded room that only I would have seen or understood, a crazy wagging tail each time I walk in the door, an innocent grabbing of my hand as we walked into the grocery store, a hanging on my leg time to laugh so hard you cry…

No comments:

Post a Comment